Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Misshapen Words

My ears, Oh, my ears are ringing
my ears, they're red
so red from all
the bloody things
that you've said

I'm worried sick about you
my honey dear, 
because I love you
and I just want you safe
But they are going
to take you away

My ears, oh! they're ringing
from top to lobe
my ears are so red
from all these
bloody and dangerous
words you've been saying

Can't you see that I'm scared?
I want you here with me, 
and I know they're gonna
take away your sweet
righteous voice,
gonna take you away

But what exactly does
safety mean anymore?
You ask me
when we're living like this
through thin walls and underground
barely alive, but still breathing
what does safety mean anymore?

My ears are red
from all the things 
all the stupidly 
dangerous things
that I never had
the courage to say

Where, oh where are you now,
my honey dear?
Have they taken you away?
I do not know
All I have left
is this ringing
in my oh so red ears...

Two notes, a) I wrote the above with in mind a soulful/bluesy Otis Redding type beat in mind. b) the video below by Walk Off the Earth was shot in one take, but then edited so that we are seeing things slightly out of order. I think I'm doing a bad job of explaining it, but its a really cool video, check it out.


Walk Off the Earth
Red Hands

No comments: