Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tokyo Police Club - Argentina (Parts I,II, III)

I've liked Tokyo Police Club since they came out with their EP, A Lesson in Crime, full of frenetic energy and post apocalyptic songs. Their two full lengths were each a bit different, with the initial freneticism of A Lesson in Crime lost for more thoughtful avenues. I think it was the summer of 2010 when my brother and I saw them, they were pretty damn great.

  They've released two singles from their forthcoming album, "Forcefield" available March 25th. One of those singles is this sprawling three-parter, Argentina. It contemplates how much love you can find in a life time, temporary relationships, falling asleep to to infomercials, and wondering what it'd be like to be a lighthouse. And for a video mainly comprised of the lyrics, I really really like it.

Tokyo Police Club
Argentina (Parts I, II, II)



video credits:
Directed by Jared Raab
Shot by Mike Mclaughlan
Produced by Matthew Miller
Production Assistance by Graham Wright and Earl Oliveros

No comments: