Monday, July 26, 2010

Why not?

Might go to the zoo today with some friends of mine. It was a good weekend. I had so so much to tell you guys, but when I try to think of it everything slips away. Ah well, I am here now and that's something I suppose.

Oh saw Tokyo Police Club over the weekend, they were great! Really put on a pretty good show, crowd was pretty into it, singing along, left side of the crowd was crowd surfing a bit. Oh and me and my brother tried wearing ear plugs to the show. Something we should have done a long time ago that is for sure. They dampen the noise by far, we couldn't hear each other standing right by each other, but the music still got in just fine, I pulled one out half way through the set and the sound was over powering so I put it back in. Better late than never, eh?

Have I told you all of my love for steel drums? They seem to almost have a magical quality about them. They make me think of the deepest part of summer, sweaty, with a cool drink in hand. Of palm trees over head. Of that feeling that anything is possible. The proverbial "why not?" of summer, the sound that kind of reverberates through your body.

I'm not postive these are even steel drums throughout this song, but it reminds me of them, yknow?

Future Islands
Tin Man

No comments: