Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Allergic to Waffles

"What?!" the boy cried, "How can you be allergic to waffles? That's like saying you're allergic to awesome, or rhinos. I don't believe you!"

Instead of offering up an explanation the girl stared off into the distance, eventually she broke her reverie by saying, "Do you believe in ghosts?"

This reply surprised the boy greatly as he was fully expecting a long tale about waffle related ailements and how they came to pass. So he offered up a quick, flippant reply "No, course I don't, I'm not a scaredy cat or anything." He smiled bravely.

The girl laughed, then shook her head gently "No, no, seriously! Do you believe in ghosts?"

The boy thought carefully for a moment. "Well, I couldn't say for sure as I've never met one. On the one hand I'd like to think our loved ones are watching over us, lingering. But that's sad I suppose, why couldn't they move on? I do believe in ghosts as memories, yknow? Like old friends who move away or you don't talk to anymore and you think you see them in crowded hallways or old hang-out spots. Sure I believe in those."

No comments: