Monday, July 25, 2011

The Decemberists

Tomorrow my family and I are going to see The Decemberists, it will be my fourth time seeing them and I would say I'm almost as excited as I was the first time. They put on fantastical live shows full of energy and theatricality. At their past shows I have experienced getting eaten by a giant whale, participated in mid-show calisthenics, danced with a variety of drunk people, fought a WW I skirmish with half the band in the crowd leading us, and generally sung along to songs at the top of my lungs.

It is always a good time. This time it will be at an outdoor venue in Cleveland, past venues have included Columbus, Louisville, Kentucky and Cleveland once again. And finally before I sign off for the night, here's their song celebrating July!

The Decemberists
July, July

No comments: