Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Night Drive

   We all parted ways around 1 in the morning. I was about to head home when I felt a hole in my heart, but I did not know what from. I got in my car and switched the CD from the player until I found one I was satisfied with, it started with some Apples in Stereo. I sat in the driver's seat and said to myself, "But why do I have to go home? I can go practically anywhere, I'm in a car!"

    So off I went! I wound through the town, exploring side-streets, taking main streets to their terminus, I made it from one edge of town clear to another. I discovered 3 new gas stations I didn't know of before: who knew there was another BP in town? I did not. I found little streets dotted with unique houses, some with porch lights on, others completely dark and sleeping. I found new routes and short cuts. It was a night of discovery. It was a peaceful drive. It was a liberating night. The hole within my heart seemed to dissipate through the course of the drive, as I wound and wound the town deep into myself.

Here's a new song from Nada Surf that I think fits as well:

Nada Surf
When I was Young

No comments: