Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Teeter Totter a go!

Did you ever get to ride/play/use a teeter totter when you were a kid? or in the recent past? I mean you did have to get the equation right, sometimes doubling up on one side to make the weight balance just right so both sides could get equally flung high into the air. Oh, good times, basically one of the hallmarks of summer. There used to be a quality set of them at the nearby park, but when they put in new equipment they took out all the fun stuff that I enjoyed as a kid: like that spinny ride where everyone would grab a bar, and someone would stand outside of the metal platform and spin it as quickly as possibly, everyone would get dizzy; or the giant metal slide; or the great tire swing-they did actually replace the tire swing but the one they have now can barely fit one person on it. I was a park attendant/(i prefer the term ranger) for two years and we had a much better time when I was a kid then when the kids came and I was there to entertain. Boy I just got really side tracked, okay my point in the whole thing was that Teeter Totters are inherently awesome.

And by that fact this video is also inherently awesome, and very summery. (plus the lead singer is pretty cute)

The Joy Formidable
Cradle

No comments: