Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Looking for You

  You never came back, but I never stopped looking for you.  In crowds I'd scan through the faces to see if you might be there.  At the park I would look up ahead thinking you'd be there, just around the corner walking your dog like back then. Especially at airports, before long trips I'd look to see you departing or arriving with your lurid yellow suitcase...that suitcase that never left your side..

  No, I never stopped searching, even when months and years had gone by. Still I scanned and looked, always hopeful, even when I started to forget your face.  It only ended when your ghost showed up at my door one night.

                                --------------------------

Gotye
Somebody That I Used to Know
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( this is so sad!