Monday, September 26, 2011

Not Quite Right

         We walked into the bar on that Friday night, to find the band playing "Benny and the Jets" like a funeral dirge. I went to to get our drinks while the somber beat went on: Ben (Thump-Thump) Ben (Thump-Thump) - Nee and (Thump) the (Thump) Jets (Thump-Thump), then the accordion cut in, winding endlessly. It was spooky and slightly spine-chilling. I ordered then said to the bartender, "Cheery affair tonight, eh?"
 
        "Yeah they've been doing the same all night. they walked in and announced they were doing covers tonight. Though I don't think anyone was expecting this." He finished pulling the beers and handed them to me. I thanked him and started to walk away when he said, "Oh, one more thing, don't look them in the eye tonight, something just ain't right in the air."

No comments: