Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year


     It’s a new year once again. I think the last one was good overall, insomuch as 52 weeks can be graded as a whole. Yes, there were high points and low, low points, but overall I think it was a pretty snazzy year. I got to see the Northwest portion of the United States which were dazzling in nature and in the cities. I wrote more than ever before; about double my usual output on this blog. I think I've come closer to finding my voice and a direction with which to take this blog. I'm coming closer to finishing my college career and that leaves me with a bunch of emotions all bundled up, both good and bad. There were concerts, dancing, parties, and much more.

   Last year also had challenges, stress, and tribulations. At the end of last Winter I was close to breaking from all the stress, but I made it out alive which I am very happy about. This coming year will have who knows what? It will be an adventure; it will be filled with adventure. In March I'll be going to Ecuador for a study abroad program, I am incredibly excited, it’s going to be awesome, I hope. I'm nervous, but I probably should be. The future always scares me a little bit, though what is a greater adventure than what comes next?

  Here's to ice cream and pie, to cold beer, to finding places you've never seen. Here's to fresh snow, to ice that sparkles on tree branches, to sledding on steep hills or backyards on trash-can lids. Here's to good friends and family, to warm clothes and spiffy shoes. Here's to running in the dark, to star-tipping, to being completely and utterly ridiculous. Here's to good books, to staying up way too late reading, to telling stories until our tongues get tired from talking. Here's to trying to be who we want to be, to accepting who we already are, to being ready for anything. Here's to another year of joys, of challenges, of trials and tribulations.

LCD Soundsystem
Tribulations




Thanks everyone who has been reading, it means a lot.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Great post and here's to all the things above :)