Friday, July 27, 2012

Deluge of Urgency

  Oh how you shouted out in anguish; Oh how you cried out in the night! Your voice cut through my mind, though I was halfway across the town I came running, how my legs moved that night! I sprinted with all my might, hoping to somehow beat the hands of fate. I knew not the trouble you were in, only that I was needed; so I ran on.

  When I arrived at your apartment the door to the complex wasn't locked. I did not need to be buzzed in. Odd, but it was as if the building was welcoming me back after all that time. Up the stairs I vaulted, tow at a time until door 3C was in front of me. I shouted, "Jennifer?! Are you okay?" in reply I only heard a lonesome murmur from the other side of the door. Again the door wasn't locked, I rushed inside.

  I checked each room only to find you curled in a ball on the carpet in the living room. I picked you up in my arms and rocked you like a baby. I whispered, "It'll all be okay." though I still didn't know what had occurred or how okay things would in fact be. 

No comments: