Monday, January 31, 2011

Just a thought

People. Persons. Those things over there with the hair and the extremities, ay, those ones. You, me, everybody. Lift up your hand and wave. Introduce yourself to the charming people on your left and right, I bet they are pretty great. Can we do away with mean? No? well it was worth a shot. Can we start saying what we mean, or meaning what we say? Not all the time, no I don't want to ask that of everyone..but a little bit? I think everyone can do it. We've all gotta live in this world together, can we try to be straight with each other once in awhile? Can we try to be nice decently often?

I'm not talking about a utopia, no I'd like to think I'm not that foolish or naive. But can we just try to be good to one another some of the time? Just realize that each person has just as much/many feelings as you do, maybe you don't get hurt when they get hurt, but you know when you're hurt and as much as it doesn't feel good for you to feel that way it probably feels just as bad for that other person.

We're all in this together, let's see if we can make it out together. Those people you introduced yourself to, on your right and left, they're your exit buddies. You need anything you go to them. And by that I mean all of us are each others exit buddies. Help each other out, and we can all make it out okay.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I totally agree. If an eye for an eye makes the world blind, then what do we do when that happens? Sit alone cold and in the dark? It's a small price, just a penny for a thought. True you might get more than what you ask for, but isn't it better than darkness?