Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Monistic Exposition

I just got in from philosophy class and out of the cold rain. I stopped by my english class, but that was cancelled happily, so here I am. Today in Philosophy we talked about Spinoza, he believed in a type of monism where everything is one thing. It makes not a whole lot of sense to talk about. Basically he said that everything was the same everything but just with different bits of things attributed to them. From a common sense, this doesn't really make much sense at all, but if I stretch things a bit, it makes a good introduction for this music video I would like to show you all. This artist asked all of his fans around the world to use their webcams to record themselves and then he put them together into one thing. The way it is done, it is as if they are all one thing, all a part of the whole. Each has a different attribute to an extent, but together they are the same. Sort of? or screw philosophy and just enjoy this, its really cool.

Sour
Hibi no Neiro (Tone of Everyday)

No comments: