Friday, January 7, 2011

Old friend Adventure

Happy New Year, hope everyone had a good one and a good holiday. I am back at school and the snowing is lightly coming down it truly is winter. I am happy about that. I've said this before I think, but I'll say it again, for some reason I really like Autumn and Winter the best of all. The crisp leaves of the fall, the warm drinks and soups, the white snow the blankets everything, they all seem like old friends. I like bundling up, I dunno maybe those things are weird, who cares. And yes the days are shorter and the sun light's never quite enough, but that's okay. As Bob Ross said many times, you need the dark to let the light shine through.

I think part of life, is trying to get to that point where waking up is okay. Where you aren't dreading one thing or another, not thinking about that potential alligator which could be camped outside your door ready for your departure. So you fight and persevere and run like hell trying your best not to get eaten by the alligator, not to fall into a flaming pit, to overcome the minotaur in the labyrinth. So that one day you'll open that door and there will be an ostrich, or what have you, ready to take you where you need to be.

Is life fair? No, no it is not. But with a little imagination, grit, and friends, it can be an adventure. Maybe..

No comments: