Sunday, June 12, 2011

I believe

I believe in a thing called love. I believe you encounter it a number of times during your life. I believe that dinosaurs existed. I believe that there might be a god or there might not be a god. I believe oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies are awesome and that night bike rides are divine: especially if you turn off your light for a few seconds. I believe life is hard but we can make it easier on each other. I believe people can smile more, its not that hard.

I believe my dreams only get crazier, and I'm not sure they have ever meant anything. I believe that Kurt Vonnegut might have been right when he said that we're all here to just fart around. I believe exercise heals the body and mind, and music heals the soul. I believe nothing is stronger than imagination. I believe that if I hold my thumb up to the sky long enough someone will pick me, and with my towel in hand I could hitchhike across the galaxy. I believe the secret to flying is forgetting to hit the ground as you fall.

I believe everything changes, but at the same time nothing ever does. I believe that there are monsters in the closet and under the bed; if you spend a little time with them you can toughen up a little. I believe that I listen to way too much music but by no means am I going to stop any time soon. I believe that in my head I am a master swordsman, as well as a ninja, wizard, pirate and various super heroes depending on the day.

I believe that turning 21 is kind of anti-climatic. I believe that sunshine is necessary and outdoor naps are wonderful. I believe life goes by in the blink of your eyes, so never close your eyes or you'll miss it. I believe in campfires and ghost stories told late at night. I believe in steel drums in the summer time. I believe the best way to stay young is to go dancing and no one really cares how ridiculous you look while flailing your limbs about. I believe cartoons and animation in general are awesome and that you're never too old to watch them.

I believe we have one life to live and we should make the most of it while we are here...but there are also days when I feel like I've lived 20 times already. I believe guys cry too sometimes and that's okay. I believe some people know exactly what they want to do and some people take a very long time to figure that out. I believe we should travel as much as we can, even if its only to the edge of the city limits: get to know the world. I believe everything will be alright.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you're awesome!

Eric said...

thanks chelsea :)