Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I know that today isn't actually the 31st of October, so it's not technically Halloween, but here at Ohio University today is Halloween in every way. Out of towners flood our town, friends and party-goers from all parts of the state and country. Our main street is then shut down for most of the duration of the night as costumed party-goers flock to see and be seen. Also to listen to the live music that's put on. Halloween here is never boring, nor is it ever predictable. Cell phones become fairly unreliable due to the amount of concentrated people in one place, so the buddy system becomes a necessity.

    And really its a great time. Halloween here is chaos, its scary, its happy, its wonderful, its being ready for anything. Its thinking of the craziest costume then making that costume reality on a low budget. Last year I was a super hero of my own making (Chair-Man), the year before I was Dr Mcninja from the webcomic Dr McNinja. This year me and a friend are each going to be Nyan Cat as seen here. For those of you who don't wish to click on the link, Nyan Cat is a cat combined with a Pop-Tart with rainbows trailing behind it. I am pumped. Anyway off to finish the costume and get ready, Happy Holidays everyone, be safe!

1 comment:

Rain said...

You went as dr. mcninja once? I worked at his old boy scout camp with his brother (sean aka dark smoke puncher). I've had dinner with mitzi and dan. :)