Saturday, April 7, 2012

Moment Bends

  When I first heard Architecture in Helsinki's album Moment Bends, I thought, "Ehhh, could be better, especially after the long wait." I gave it a second chance; I listened to the whole thing while relaxing on my bed in tranquil Ecuador: it seemed to be just perfect. With the relaxed, drawn out beats calling for an island getaway in Desert Island and the punchy synthesized bass in Escapee with the lyrics changing easily from lazy to urgent cadence. Cameron Bird sings, "This escapee was never going to stay.../I won't delete it/Oh, I'm escaping!/You're taking me for a ride". The album Moment Bends has true strength in its ability to evoke a sunny day in a lazy getaway, or the feeling of being trapped inside when its just so nice out. Architecture in Helsinki completely succeed in bending a moment into an infinity; a lazy infinity that you can lay basking in the sun for awhile as the clouds swim by.

Architecture in Helsinki
Desert Island


No comments: