Monday, April 16, 2012

Shaky Hands

  I used to know two bands. They were both named Shaky Hands. Each band came from a different hemisphere. When it came to pass that both bands gained a following and relative success, there became a controversy over which band would hold the name. One of the bands was able to prove that it had the name first, forcing the other one to change their name. They wanted to retain the motif of "hands" so after much debate they settled on the slightly more morbid name of "Cut Off Your Hands". I no longer know which band is which, although they differentiated themselves. Yes, they have distinct sounds, but its been a long time since I have listened to either band. What's the point of this story at all? Only that at times I have hands that shake, and when they do I think about these two bands I used to listen to and their nomenclature.

Shaky Hands
Already Gone


Cut Off Your Hands
You and I


No comments: