Friday, February 20, 2009

Cold Adventures

A gust of wind, strikes cold, leaving my eyeballs frozen in their sockets as I walk back to my dorm after class. It's Friday morning, all the tour groups of high school students and their parents are set upon the campus. I don't know about you all, but this week was really long, Monday seems like four weeks ago.

And several hours went by since I started this post, and I had quite a good adventure. Me and my roommate went walking uptown to get my DARS which are a scheduling tool you need here at OU to schedule classes each quarter. We did that, and it was much easier than I expected. Then we went to the record store that is down the street, a very cool place. I found a $2 Clint Eastwood movie called Firefox, which well it has Clint Eastwood, and it should be pretty badass. I guess its supposed to be about the air force and the future, and he's a pilot? I'll post once I've watched it as to how the movie turns out to be. Also got the Kaki King album Dreaming of Revenge, I have not heard it yet so I am kind of excited for new music, I'll maybe review that too later. So after the record store we went in search of a bookstore I had seen before which was closed at the time. After a decent walk we found it full of old, new and used books of all types. I liked it, seemed kind of cozy. From there we walked back to the dorm and on the way got to the topic of donuts. I was under the impression that there was no place on campus or in Athens to get bakery donuts. Apparently I was wrong, there is a great place across the high way called Mchappy's just a short walk away.

So we went there.

In other exciting news there are a lot of videos I would like to show you all, or at least enough to keep me going for a little while. The hard part is deciding which to showcase. Okay so I found this girl who plays ukulele and sings and plays covers of songs and she is pretty good. Her name is Julia Nunes, and I hope she doesn't care that I'm posting her video. Here's her cover of Spoon's Underdog:

Underdog
Julia Nunes



Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: