Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Don't Judge a Book by Size Either?

I had a random thought this morning, maybe that's all I ever have. Have you ever thought about the term "Light Reading"? I think its a bit of a misnomer, you see, size of the book is not directly proportional to difficulty of said book. I think a lot of people still think this. At times small thin books are a much harder to get through than big thick heavy books.

For example Philosophy books: many times they are very thin and light, but incredibly hard to get through(this is not always the case, sometimes they're gigantic and really hard to read too-see Martin Heidegger's Being and Time)

On the other end of the spectrum, Harry Potter books, extremely long, very quick reads. I mean I got through the last one in a single day. Pretty sure that equates.

Just a quick random thought for your day.

No comments: