Monday, December 14, 2009

Wacky Dreams

I had a series of wacky dreams last night/this morning.

In one I ran 14 miles with some old cross country teammates.

In another I got in a fight, ripping off my opponents hat at one point, to find he had on another hat underneath that one, I then ripped that hat off to discover he was hiding his baldness under the multitude of hats.

In yet another dream I had a twin sister, but she wasn't really my sister, more like just another projection of myself? I dunno you had to be there. Eventually I ended up on a platform standing next to an old man. He said to me "You know what you need to do". And it was not a mysterious message, as I did know what to do. You see the platform connected to a walkway that lead about ten to twenty feet away to a pillar. The pillar was covered in different sized stones on every side from bottom to top. Near the very top of the top there was a orange bar that ran across the four sides of the pillar. There were also three walkways identical to the one in front of me that reached out on the adjacent sides to mine. They lead to a two story sort of veranda type thing. Also between the walkways was mist or smoke, leaving the impression that the old man and I and the whole building were up a decent height. Anyway the thing I needed to do was rock climb the stones to the top of the pillar and touch the orange bar. I did this and then the dream morphed sending me to

A living room in a house. There, a decent number of people sat with me, though now I cannot recall who they might have been. We were all sitting on the floor. A woman was doing slight of hand magic tricks, which were quite good. She ended her act by asking for assistance from one of us in finding a Winnie the pooh token. She picked me. Instead of telling her where the Winnie the pooh token was, I told her where a goat was in the next room. She told me this was correct and everyone clapped. Apparently there was a farmer in the room with us, the dream followed him home, but I was not with him. He greets his wife and asks where the livestock are. She says they are all still in the attic where he left them penned up. He scoffs, calling me and the magician a bunch of cheats as the goat is obviously in his attic and not in that room. Then I woke up, kind of laughing at the absurdity of it.

And then when I was getting ready and turned my radio on and this song came on. So earlier in the year I told you all about how the Silversun Pickups were going to come out with a new album. They did. Its not bad. The song I heard was this one:

Silversun Pickups
Substitution

No comments: